“When it comes to the idea of all the little details that it takes to keep a small business running smoothly, let alone trying to stay relevant with marketing, it can be overwhelming. At CrossFit Attollo as a gym owner our primary focus is our members, but we also want to stay current in our marketing, and social media outlets.
Nathanael is a true professional and mastermind of creativity, and has made this process smoother by showing us some incredible time-saving tools that will allow us to better brand ourselves, communicate more effectively, and highlight our members, all while staying relevant and saving us time and energy.
Nathanael was able to give us the confidence and hands on experience to take our business to the next level. If you are a small business owner looking to take your business to the next level, we highly recommend using Nathanael, who can help save you time, and energy, which has allowed us to have more peace of mind.”
Sam & Brooke Velazquez
Owners, CrossFit Attollo
Portable Design Academy™
A quick, time-efficient, and cost-effective way to empower small business owners who can’t afford to hire a designer to personally create beautiful graphics for your business that is simple to understand and easy to learn.
Let’s be honest.
You already know that these days people equate good design with credibility and being “legit”.
The reality now is that if you’re not taking advantage of branding these days, you are putting your business at a MASSIVE competitive disadvantage.
If it looks good, they might check it out, but if it doesn’t look good, they may not even give you a chance.
How much is your time worth?
I’m taking knowledge that I’ve gained over 12+ years and thousands of hours designing for some of the world’s biggest brands (Nike, Apple, XBox, Microsoft, Underarmour, Asics), and condensing it into easy-to-follow, bite-sized chunks that you can learn in MINUTES.
For perspective, here’s two traditional examples of how you could spend your time or money:
1. HIRING A DESIGNER
Let’s say you hire a designer to create 1 month’s worth of social media posts (graphics & captions) for you and a dozen graphics for your website. (30 posts + 12 graphics) – A great designer might charge you $50-$75/hour for the work, or a flat fee that is equivalent.
Let’s say this takes 20 hours of total work. It would cost you anywhere between $1,000 and $1,500 for a month’s worth of marketing. (A one-time investment.) – Everything looks amazing, but you’re going to have to pay them again the next time you need more graphics.
It’s not sustainable to spend $1,000 to hire a designer EVERY MONTH (let’s be honest, you’re NOT going to pay for that).
Wouldn't it be a no-brainer if you could spend $500 ONCE for focused training that teaches you how to make everything you need and use that knowledge FOREVER?
With the right basic skills, you could easily take care of your business’ design/ marketing graphics for the next 2-3 years, which is more than enough time to make enough to hire someone to run it for you.
2. TEACHING YOURSELF
Let’s say you decide to do the same project yourself to save the maximum amount of money.
Firstly, you’re not a professional designer (if you were you wouldn’t need this course), so it’s reasonable to assume that the project might take you twice as long: 40 hours.
Let’s also assume that before you create anything, you have to go online and LEARN how to do it first (tutorials). Let’s say that adds another 5 hours to your total over the course of a month. – Now we’re at 45 hours.
That’s a WEEK’s worth of time you could have spent on client work. Think about your hourly rate, or the amount of money your business brings in a week on average.
What is the cost of time you COULD have spent doing work for clients? – Easily hundreds of dollars. Probably even thousands. (Ex: $25-50/hour x 45 hours = $1,125 - $2,250).
Of course, you have to invest time into your own business in order to help it grow; but what if you could COMPRESS that time and SHORTEN the learning curve?
You could easily spend half as much time designing for yourself (work that DOESN’T pay you), and open up MORE time to work for client work that DOES pay you. (Ex: SAVE 20 hours @ $25-50/hour = $500-$1,000 / month)
If you could spend $500 ONCE in order to save $500 EVERY MONTH, that’s a good investment, plain and simple.
How do I know if PDA is right for me?
This is For:
- Small business owners in their first 3 years who are running the show with a small team of less than 5 people(no designer).
- Business owners who want to hire a designer, but can’t yet justify the cost with their budget
- For the business who is successful, BUT they can’t afford to outsource their brand, communication, personal interactions with their customers/clients.
- People who don’t have a lot of time who want to learn fast and get fast results.
- People who want convenience - as few barriers as possible to getting their end result (online video tutoring fits this best)
- Business owners who are willing to invest a modest of money in order to save a LOT of money
- Those who love convenience, efficient solutions, and shortcuts
- Those who are go-getters and self-starters, who love learning and are passionate about giving their business a huge competitive advantage
- People who have already tried teaching themselves, but are tired of wasting time and feeling frustrated/overwhelmed, who want a simple and effective solution.
- People who want substance, not fluff, that is ACTIONABLE and PROVEN to get results.
- Creative Entrepreneurs who are looking to add Design to their skillset
- Business owners who know they NEED great branding and marketing in order for their business to thrive and remain/become competitive
- Independent business owners who do a lot of marketing/ advertising/ connecting online
- Business owners who use social media as a critical business-building tool (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest)
- Entrepreneurs in the service industry (fitness, arts, coaching, etc.) looking to turn their side hustle/ passion into a business who need to market themselves.
- Entrepreneurs who have a great product/service who are having trouble showing it as professional/credible/legitimate to new/potential customers
- Those who already feel comfortable or confident teaching themselves online
- Those who already have these design skills
- People who don’t have ANY money
- Those who don’t think that design is important
- People who want it all done for them (hands-off) and don’t want to know the details
- Not for businesses or industries who don’t need a whole lot of visual or online marketing
- Not for people who don’t want to learn software skills, and aren’t at least mildly computer savvy (technophobes)
- People who have the budget to outsource AND already feel comfortable having someone else steward their brand/communicate to their customers. (If you have the money to pay a premium price for design, do it.)
- People who are satisfied with cheap-looking design and only care about the lowest cost.
- Business owners who are unwilling to invest money into their own business.
- Learning-addicts, who only consume information but don’t take action on it.
- People who are still treating their business like a hobby: without intent, focus, or a plan.
- Those who DON’T enjoy learning or personal development; who would rather spend their free time surfing online or watching Netflix.